MassCVO © Massachusetts CVO Team 2017 - Send email to Contact email with questions or comments about this site



  Mass. Commercial Vehicle Operations

  Moving Massachusetts Forward > RMV-DOR- DEP-DPU-DOT/Permits-MSP-TAM-FMCSA

Vehicle Types

(requiring a “Class B” CDL)

Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR. (Holders of a Class B license may, with appropriate endorsements, operate all vehicles within Class C and D.)

Choose the relevant options below to determine what you’ll need to operate safely and legally in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Vehicle will be operated exclusively within Massachusetts borders.

Vehicle will be operated occasionally or regularly outside of the Massachusetts state line.

Class B Intrastate Class B Interstate

Where will the Vehicle Operate?

(Click one of the options below)